Pinot Negroni Cocktail
- 25 ml Singlefile -x- Spirit of Little Things Pinot Noir Gin
- 25 ml Campari
- 25 ml Antica Formula Vermouth
- 1 Large ice cube
- 1 Orange wedge and/or orange peel twist for garnish
Beautiful and elegant in its simplicity, a negroni is one of the easiest cocktails to make. It uses a simple 1:1:1 ingredient ratio – a bitter-sweet mix of Italian Campari, vermouth and gin. Because there’s only three ingredients, you want to invest in high quality spirits.
In this recipe, we’re bringing you a twist on this classic cocktail with our Pinot Noir Gin. A slightly sweeter gin made in the vein of a “Sloe” style, it perfectly balances the aromatics and sweetness of the pinot noir grapes with dry gin characteristics.
Here's how to make it:
- Add the Pinot Noir gin, Campari and sweet vermouth to a mixing glass filled with ice, and stir until well-chilled - about 30 seconds or so.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube. Rub an orange wedge around the rim to impart flavour.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and/or orange peel twist.