8 December 2020
- 110 g almonds
- 110 g hazelnuts
- 55 g dried apricots
- 55 g candied pineapple
- 55 g candied citrus peels (orange and lemon)
- 85 g flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 55 g dark baking chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 70 g sugar
- 150 g honey
- Chop almonds, hazelnuts, apricots, pineapple, orange and lemon peel together in a food processor.
- Mix well with flour, cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
- Put sugar and honey into a saucepan, stirring over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate to the saucepan, stir until melted, and remove from heat.
- Combine with fruit and nut mixture; cut parchment paper circle to fit the bottom of 20cm well-buttered round cake pan, then butter the paper and evenly spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 150 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan.
- Remove cake from pan, wrap in foil, and let stand overnight.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into thin wedges to serve.
Wrapped in aluminum foil to stay air-tight, it will keep for weeks, refrigeration not needed.