Parry's Beach Salmon Patties
3 June 2020
- 1 Australian salmon filleted - discarding bones, skin and red flesh
- 1 Small bunch of dill, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped (for patties)
- 1 dash of Tabasco
- 1 finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1½ cups breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 /4 red onion, finely diced (for salsa)
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely diced (for salsa)
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced (optional) (for salsa)
- 1 /2 cup chopped parsley, finely chopped (for salsa)
- 1 small bunch of dill, finely chopped (for salsa)
- 2 heaped tablespoons baby capers (for salsa)
- 1 /4 cup lemon juice (for salsa)
- 1 /4 cup olive oil (for salsa)
- 1 pinch of sugar (for salsa)
- 1 pinch of salt (for salsa)
- To make the patties, roughly chop the salmon and put into the food processor with everything except the breadcrumbs. Pulse on and off until a nice minced consistency.
- Roll into balls and gently squash down to make patties.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate and lightly coat patties.
- Fry for a couple of minutes each side until golden. If cooking in batches, just keep them warm with silver foil.
- For the salsa, put all the ingredients into a bowl, stir and taste for balance of flavours. If it’s too sharp add a little more sugar or olive oil to tone it down; if it needs more zing add some lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh garden salad. So easy and so delicious.