Megs' Chimichurri with Fish Wings
- 6 fish wings (Megs uses mackerel)
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1 red chilli pepper (or 1-2 tsp of dried chilli flakes)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine parsley, chilli pepper, garlic, red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. (Alternatively, you can chop everything finely by hand and mix, course or fine, it doesn't matter)
2. Taste and season accordingly. Megs finds olive oil and lemon are the two ingredients that normally need adjusting.
3. Pour over fish wings and marinate for 4-24 hours.
4. Heat bbq and cook fish wings for 3 mins a side (depending on their size, times may vary - Megs uses a mini Webber).
Serve with a fresh fennel and orange salad with a bit of dill and a crisp glass of Singlefile Great Southern SSB!